It is a tradition of my church, PJEFC, to hold a 'Watch Night Service' every New Year's Eve. At Watch Night Service, we hear testimonies about how good God has been in that year. The best part of it is when 2 count down clocks for the New Year pop up on the walls of the church on the stage about 8 minutes before New Year's Day. At the last 10 seconds or so, everyone loudly does a count down until the last second of New Year's Eve and then we all shout 'HAPPY NEW YEAR!'
Last year (2007), I went for Watch Night Service. Testimonies were shared, songs were sung, count down clocks were placed, and a big 'HAPPY NEW YEAR!" was heard. After it finished (about 12.30 a.m.), everyone happily chatted in the concourse of the church before my family and friends went for supper at a mamak shop in PJ New Town. I already had a currypuff at the concourse so I didn't eat anything for supper except a delicious pepsi float. Supper dragged on to about 2.00 a.m. when we finally departed. It was about 2.30 a.m. when my family at last reached home. After bathing and brushing my teeth, I went to bed at about 3.00 a.m. in the morning!
All in all, I found the Watch Night Service memorable. The next day, I woke up at 11.00 a.m.
Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment