Today, as my mum and I were walking back to my house after lunch nearby, I began to cross a road that I have crossed many times, thousands perhaps. It has 3 lanes.
When we were in the middle of the road, 3 cars and one motorbike suddenly came speeding at us. They were side by side, so, we couldn't avoid them by 'weaving' in and out of them. Suddenly, I felt a stinging sensation. It was as if my left hand had suddenly froze. Something sharp was biting into it. How peculiar. I turned my head to the left. I saw my mum. She was frozen too and she was gripping my left hand. However, it was not the tender hold of most mothers. Her long fingernails were digging into my wrist where my pulse is. My left hand felt so immobilized. I wanted to continue crossing the road; my mother wanted to stay in the middle of the road for umm... I have no idea really. After waiting for about 3 seconds, wasting time, my mum decided to cross the road, to safety.
Once across, I protested, 'Mum, you were killing my pulse!' She replied, still shaking, 'I almost got my pulse killed.'
Well, even now, about 3 hours later, I can still remember that grip, that merciless, killing grip.
P.S. Sorry, haven't been posting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment