Yesterday, I played my first 'quarter song' with a guitar!!!
When I was younger, I never thought I'd live to see this day when I actually would play a musical instrument. I looked at all the chords and hand movements and thought that I would never be able to do it... *sniff sniff*
Oh well, it's not much, but what I have learned to play (although quite roughly) is...
"Give me oil in my lamp
Keep me burning burning burning
Give me oil in my lamp I pray
Give me oil in my lamp
Keep me burning burning burning
Keep me burning 'til the break of day"
I'm still not very good at switching from the 'C chord' to the 'G chord' yet, that's why it's rough... but I still love the music it makes.
Oh yes... and then there are the issue about the fingers...
Please take note that these words are written with bruised left finger tips. This is because of holding down the different chords. They are now harder than my right hand's fingers and have turned slightly black. They also are considerably more red.
Perhaps, months or maybe even years from now, I shall look upon this blog post and say "Oh, what a novice I was back then...", just as my brother looks back upon his old artworks.
Alright, have a good week people! And maybe in the future, I shall post about more landmarks in my experiences. As for now, I shall remember... the 16th of November 2009.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are sooo lucky! my mom doesn't want me to learn guitar! =( *jealous*
What musical instrument do you learn then?
Piano. Stuck with it. =P
I want to learn more instruments.
My mom denies everytime.
Guitar? No.
Drum? No.
Oh well.. =)
Post a Comment