Last Sunday, after Sunday Service and Sunday School, I attended Royal Rangers, as usual...
There was a parade, announcements, role calls and a uniform inspection before we dispersed to our respective Outposts.
In my Outpost, the Adventure Boys had the traditional IQ Challenge. We played 'Aunt Mary died last night, did she die?'. We had to observe keenly to discover a pattern or code to decide whether she died or not. The winner gets a 1.5 litre bottle of soft drink. Nobody figured it out.
We did some Ropecraft and had Devotion.
Then, it was games which we always look forward to. This is where the 'Not So' in my post title begins...
We were playing softball... I was pitching to Joshua and Kok Leong was the catcher when some things went awry, very, very awry...
After Joshua hit the ball, he let go the bat... The ball came straight at me. I caught it. Then, I noticed that Joshua wasn't running...
'It's bleeding!' someone exclaimed.
Kok Leong was on the ground saying, 'There's blood! There's blood!'
At first I thought he was semi-joking, but it really freaked me out to see his hands covered in blood. The blood was dripping, forming a small puddle of red liquid.
The commander rushed to Kok Leong, assured him that he was going to be fine, then took him into to the church building where they applied first aid on him.
I asked Joshua what had happened. He suspected that after he swung his bat, had let it go and the bat had hit Kok Leong in the forehead.
After that, everything was fine; it was a small cut. His father took him home. He said he was fine. That was good.
I have never seen so much human blood in one spot before. It was really freaky when I saw his blood stained hands. I just thank God that the bat didn't hit his eye which would have caused more severe injuries...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment