Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Giver

The Giver by Lois Lowry is a book I've just finished reading.

Synopsis of the book:
Jonas's world is perfect. Everything is under control. There is no war or fear or pain. There are no choices. Every person is assigned a role in the Community.
When Jonas turns twelve, he is singled out to receive special training from The Giver. The Giver alone holds the memories of the true pain and pleasure of life. Now it's time for Jonas to receive the truth. There is no turning back.

Although the book is teen/adult themed, I found it a very interesting book. It all started with my mother who read it. Then she recommended it to my brother. And then, knowing me, one who doesn't want to be left out, I read it too. Currently, my brother is reading the book again because it is definitely worth a second read.

Besides grabbing people's attention, it is a short book, with only 180 pages.

I think it's one of the more interesting books I've read so far.

No comments: