It all started with one single telephone call from my friend, Jordan, last Thursday.
"Can you, your brother and your mum go ice skating with us?", he asked. I was overjoyed. After discussing with my mum, I called him back and said that we could go the following Wednesday. After that, I called 2 other close friends who got permission from their mum to join us.
I used to go ice skating every Tuesday with my mum and my brother for about 2 years. We've stopped skating regularly for about 3 years now partly because the ticket price has gone up. An entry ticket on a holiday costs RM 19.
I was so excited to go ice skating again! Try out my old skills and stuff like that!
And soon, the day came... Yesterday, we got up excitedly. Jordan's mum drove us to Sunway Pyramid. We reached early, at 9.00 am. I wore my skating shoes quickly and I was on the ice again! However, about 45 seconds later... Wham! I fell! I hurt both my knees and my right elbow. I left the skating rink for a while to 'recover'. I looked at my injuries which I figured would turn into blue black, nasty little things!
In a short while, I re-entered the skating rink. I was a bit more cautious and soon, I got back my skating skills. However, very quickly, I got something worse than injuries from falling. I got ... blisters! Well, actually, I got one but I wasted 10 minutes of good skating time as I had to leave the rink again to put a plaster over the blister!
The ice rink was resurfaced at 12.00 noon. We all decided to skate some more till 2 pm. We had a simple lunch. I ate a hot dog which tasted delicious. My brother had a burger which unfortunately tasted a little weird. I also had a mango freeze (mango juice with small bits of ice, like a slurpee from 7 eleven).
We re-entered the rink at 12.30 pm and skated till 2.00 pm. We left, after skating for 4 1/2 hours!
2 of my friends came over to my house and played Counter-Strike with my brother and I for about 2 hours.
What a day it was yesterday! We didn't realised how tired we were till we found ourselves waking up only at 12.30 pm today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment