I woke up and got ready for the trip. I was going with my friends (Jordan and Nathaniel Soon) and their family to their mum's hometown, Sitiawan.
My family and I hopped into our car and followed the Soon's car.
During the journey, my mum, brother and I played word games to keep us from boredom. Sometimes, however, my brother didn't want to use his brain and played his handphone...
The Handphone Nerd...
We also saw many beautiful sights of the sky and lush, green, padi fields.
The beautiful padi field. Yes, God's creation is wonderful.
On the way, for lunch in Bidor, we ate at KFC as the shop selling the famous noodles was really packed with people.
When we reached Sitiawan, we headed for Jordan's grandparents' bungalow.
Nice bungalow eh...
The hall.
The kitchen, sorry for the blur...
And of course, the garden which had flowering plants and lots of veggies!
Orchids...
Vegetables...
More vegetables...
A single radiant flower...
And... more veggies. And you know something, all the vegetables in the garden are pesticide free! Yay!
In the evening, we went to the orchard belonging to Jordan's uncle located about 5 minutes drive away. There were coconuts, longans, bananas, tapioca, sweet potatoes, nangka, rambutans, mangosteens, durians, cikus and the lot! Wow! I didn't take any pics about it, so, chill people, chill...
We came back loaded with coconuts. We also took back produce of the land.
The coconut pile.
Later, we went to dinner in a restuarant.
Everyone eaten and satisfied?
That night, we watched National Treasure 2 on TV and then went to sleep.
The next morning, Sunday, we woke up for church.
The church. (If you are wondering where the main entrance is, it is behind the clump of trees).
After church, we went to the beach. My brother created a sand castle while Jordan and I made mud balls to destroy the sand castle. When the mud balls didn't work, we struck it with water, like a napalm strike, except... it was water. In the end, we had to demolish the castle with our bare feet. Sad...
While coming back, we bought durians and brought them back to the bungalow.
The durian pile.
The durian eating session. My brother, sneering at the camera, uncle Soon (Jordan's father), and me, on the right, doing a weird pose.
And then came the time for my family to leave...
At 5 p.m., we said bye to Sitiawan. It took us 2 hours to get back to home sweet home...
I have to say, I've enjoyed the trip thoroughly. From the time we reached Sitiawan to the time we left. The most enjoyable part was the beach. I like destroying sand castles. I think it's more fun than creating it, actually (Don't get the wrong idea, alright. I'm NOT a sadist).
Yes, it was a great trip...
No comments:
Post a Comment