Yesterday, my family had our 'Electricity Saving Day'. We hold it once every month.
This practice started about 2 months ago, when there was a huge increase in electricity costs.
Electricity Saving Day is a day when we do not use any electricity. We use sunlight in the morning and afternoon, and at night, we use candles. We do not switch on any air conditioner or even the fan. We let the breeze that blows into our house cool us down. We do our studies near the window for more sunlight. It's not too bad actually.
I always have fun on this day, especially the part where each member of my family holds a tall candle to light his/her way as he/she moves around the home during the night. It is very interesting.
Another thing that adds to the fun is the candle light dinner on this day. Wow, the ambience is great. I see the faces of my family members, and behind them, there is darkness. It has some sort of creepy effect, but I still like it, it's cool.
I am very happy with this 'tradition' of my family.
P.S. I hope you believed me, because jokes are meant to be believed at first... Tee hee hee...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment