Tuesday, August 05, 2008

LEGO Bionicle

I am sure all of us have heard of ‘LEGO’. But how many of us have heard of ‘Bionicle’?

Bionicle is a line of building toys created by the Lego Group that is marketed towards those in the 7-16 year old range. When you buy a Bionicle toy, it comes with the instructions to make it.

After assembling the toy, my brother and I have the habit of disassembling it soon after. We then throw the Bionicle pieces into a big box where all such pieces are kept. After that, we will create our own toys based on our own imagination. My brother usually does most of the creating though.

I have many fond memories of playing with Bionicle a few years back but nowadays, I occasionally take out the Bionicle box and enjoy playing for a while.

Some of our past creations:

A huge dragon. And when I say huge, I mean HUGE! It was about 60 cm long and 5 cm tall.

A scorpion made about 3 years ago.

A gun. It looks very high tech. The Bionicle below is holding it. A combination of a spear and a scythe. Let’s just call it a halberd (It’s close to a halberd, but not really one). I made it all by myself. Not much work though. It is attached to the back of the Bionicle.

I made it so that the Bionicle can switch his weapons easily which I think is pretty cool huh?

No comments: