The camp was held in FRIM (Forest Reserve Institute of Malaysia), Kepong. There was a total of 30+ campers including a baby.
DAY 1
My family and I arrived at the camp site at about 1.40 p.m. (40 minutes late). My brother and I had to set up a 2-men tent which we were going to sleep in. It was a dome tent.

After we finished, we adjourned to the main hall. There I learned a new and enjoyable game which doesn't even have a name. That was the main game of the camp. After camp briefing in the main hall, we played the 'nameless' game until about 4.00 p.m. when we went for an obstacle course.
We did a few stuff, not much actually, and then went back to the main hall to make a sort of banner. We had to write on it what we did right and what we did wrong during the obstacle course. We had to decorate the banner as well. I hardly did much on the banner except give a few ideas and did some decorations.
After banner making, we played more of the nameless game and then had our dinner (a barbeque dinner).
After dinner, we were supposed to go night trekking but unfortunately the rain stopped us and we cancelled the trekking. There was a nice campfire but nobody was around it because of the rain. What a waste!At about 10.30 p.m., my brother and I decided to take a bath even though the bathroom was very dirty and smelly. After our bath, we felt that it was worth our effort.
Then, we went back to the main hall where most of our friends were. We were up till about 2.00 a.m. when the lights were switched off and everyone went to sleep (or did we?).
My brother and I left for our tent but we couldn't get to sleep for about half an hour. Finally, we brought our stuff to the main hall to sleep. We found out that they had been telling ghost stories and were screaming and laughing until the Camp Organizer came and asked them to stop being so loud. Then everyone became silent which was when we joined them.
DAY 2
We woke up and ate breakfast of eggs and baked bean sandwich.
After breakfast we went trekking. I hardly enjoyed the trek mainly because of the leeches and the trekking guide was speaking in Bahasa Malaysia most of which I didn't understand. After the trekking, we ate sweet and juicy watermelon and also boiled sweet corn.
When we broke camp, we ate lunch together in a restaurant (the food was good) before leaving for our homes.
The Aftermath
When my brother and I reached home, we had to keep our clean clothes and put to wash our dirty ones.
While I was keeping my clean clothes, my brother saw a black strand about 2 cm long and 3 mm fat. We found out that it was a leech! I rushed downstairs to get some salt which I sprinkled on the leech. After it died, I got a lighter and my brother and I burned it up until it was nothing but carbon.
That was probably one of the most fun parts of the camp (although it was already after the camp).
No comments:
Post a Comment